Neti Pot Instructions
Neti pot is a gentle, but efficient way to clean your nose. In fact, the practice of nasal irrigation originated in India, but nowadays it grows more and more popular in the United States and Europe. People use this simple device as a part of their usual everyday routine. A lot of people suffer from blocked nasal passages that can be caused by pollution, dust and other types of irritants. Neti pot can help you to keep your sinuses clean and make your breathing easier. Once tried, it can become a kind of soothing and pleasant experience.
Now let’s look through some basic neti pot instructions:
1. You will need 1 teaspoon of salt (you may just use ordinary kitchen salt without any problems). It’s better to avoid using sea salt as sometimes it might be too strong and cause irritation. Mix this teaspoon with about 1 cup of sterilized or boiled warm water and get it completely dissolved. Please note that the water should be warm, but not boiling hot.
2. Now lean over the hand basin, tilt your head to one side – note that one ear should be facing straight down to the floor, keep your chin tucked towards your chest, open your mouth (you will breathe through it) and insert the spout of the Neti Pot into your raised nostril. Gently tip, breathing calmly through your mouth. First, you may use about a quarter of the water quantity – remember, it should not be absolutely exact. Please be patient as you will probably need some practice to do it properly. Don’t be afraid of adjusting your head slightly while poring. When you find the right angle, the water flows easily from your upper nostril and out of the lower one.
3. Stop and straighten up. Exhale slowly several times to clear your nasal passages. Have some tissues at hand before you start.
4. Repeat the whole procedure once again for the same nostril.
5. Now you can repeat the process for the other side. In fact, some people need one pot full of water for both nostrils, but most people prefer pouring an entire cup of water for each nostril.
6. Done? Don’t forget about the most important part – sinuses drying.
7. Just bend over at the waist, your head should be dangling towards the floor. Turn your head to the left, close your bottom nostril and blow slowly through the other nostril. Use a tissue. Repeat several times. Then do this for the other nostril.
Always wash your neti pot with warm water and dish soap and after that rinse it thoroughly.
I suppose these neti pot instructions will be really helpful and you’ll become a real neti pot fan.